18 Free Ways to Advertise Your Child Care Program
There are many ways to go about marketing your family child care or child care center, and not all of them have to cost you. The following are a
few FREE methods that you can use to get the word
out about your business.
- Articles - Write a useful article about something that
you know (ie. 5 Safety Tips for Your Newborn Baby) and submit it
to local newspapers and online article directories.
- Associations - Does your local Family Day Care
Association keep a referral list? If so, submit your information
in order to be included.
- Blogging - Drive traffic to your main website by
creating a blog.
- Bulletin Boards - Great place to post your business
cards, flyers, or brochures.
- Child Care Resource & Referral Agency - Get on the
- Centers - Contact Child Care Centers in your
area that do not accommodate children 2 and under. Maybe they
would be willing refer those families to you.
- Elevator Speech - This is your 15-30 second verbal
description of your business (Who you are, What you do, and How
you can become a resource for your listener).
- Networking - Network with other successful providers in
your area. Agree to refer any callers to them when you're
full, and in turn they will do the same for you.
- Open House - Have an open house where you provide a few
snacks and games for the kiddies while you mingle with
prospective parents. Don't forget to have your business
cards, flyers, or brochures handy.
- Press Release - Submit a newsworthy story about your
Child Care to various local media outlets. (Grand Opening,
Anniversaries, Grant Recipient, New Services, etc.)
- Realtors - Ask your local realtors if they would be
willing to place your business cards, flyers, or brochures inside
the packets that they pass out to new clients moving into the
- Referrals - Currently enrolled clients are one of your
best resources for finding new families. Be sure to let them know
when you have upcoming openings.
- Schools - Do your local elementary schools keep list of
area providers? If so, get on them. You may even want to drop off
a couple of your business cards, flyers, or brochures.
- Search Engines - Be sure to register your website with
all the major search engines.
- Signature Files - Drive traffic to your website by
placing a link in your email signature. You never know who will
see it and click through to your website.
- Testimonials - Take advantage of what your clients have
to say about you. Be sure to include client testimonials on your
website and or your business cards.
- Voice Mail - Don't lose a prospective client
because you couldn't get to the phone. Direct them to your
website. "You've reached Jane Doe's Child Care at
the Doe residence. For more details about our services, visit us
online at JaneDoesDayCare.com."
- Welcome Wagon - Ask your local Welcome Wagon to include
your business cards, flyers, or brochures in the welcome packets
that they provide to new families moving into your community.
for more articles, tips, and resources for your Family Day Care.
This article is available for reprint with the author's
resource box intact and all links live and clickable. Copyright
is reserved by author.