Grants for Early Childhood Education
Starting a child care program can be a lot of work, and funding is often a source of stress among business owners and directors. Luckily the U.S. government distributes money through grants each year to help people open a new business or develop an existing one. Below is a list of places that offer grants relating to early childhood education.
*Please note that Child Care Lounge does not offer grants directly, nor can we guarantee that this information is current.
Receive Free Books
- First Book empowers educators with an unprecedented choice of high quality books and materials.FirstBook.org
Kaboom! Playground Grants
- KaBOOM! is a national nonprofit that envisions a great place to play within walking distance of every child in America.KaBOOM!
- The W.K. Kellogg Foundation supports children, families and communities as they strengthen and create conditions that propel vulnerable children to achieve success as individuals and as contributors to the larger community and society.Kellogg Foundation – Online Application
The Safeway Foundation
- The Safeway Foundation funds nonprofit organizations that strengthen the neighborhoods we serve. We consider applications in the following areas: Health and Human Services, Hunger Relief, Education, and Helping People with Disabilities.The Safeway Foundation
Toshiba America Foundation
- Toshiba America Foundation’s mission is to provide teachers with additional funds to support classroom projects.The National Scholarships and Grants Program
Association of American Educators
- Teacher scholarships and classroom grants are competitive awards available to all educators.Grades K – 5: For Teachers
The Captain Planet Foundation
- The Captain Planet Foundation primarily makes grants to U.S.-based schools and organizations with an annual operating budget of less than $3 million.The Captain Planet Foundation
Crayola Art-Infused Education Program Grants
- Each grant-winning school (up to 20 grants awarded) receives $2,500 and Crayola products valued at $1,000.Crayola Grant Program
- The Sparkplug Foundation is a family foundation that funds start-up organizations and new projects of established organizations in music, education and community organizing.Sparkplug’s Application Process
Target Education Grants
- Throughout the year, Target provides education grants to local K-12 schools to support educational field trips, early childhood reading programs and participation in the arts.Target Grants
Terri Lynne Lokoff/Children’s TYLENOL® National Child Care Teacher Awards
- This award acknowledges the critical role of child care teachers in providing quality early care and education. Child care teachers from all 50 states, the District of Columbia and on U.S. Military bases and installations around the world are invited to apply. Fifty teachers are selected for their commitment and dedication to the children they serve. Of the top ten recipients, one is selected to receive the Helene Marks Award and is named the National Child Care Teacher of the Year.
- The Reiman Foundation focuses its giving in four main areas: Health Care, Education, The Arts & Children. Nonprofit organizations are eligible to apply. Applications are reviewed and decisions made on applications received on an ongoing basis throughout the year. Deadline is rolling.