Ideas for Staff Recruitment
* Post openings at college placement offices
* Offer incentives to employees for finding appropriate candidates
* Attend job fairs
* Inform local education professors of openings
* Promote substitutes and volunteers
* Serve as a laboratory school for local college
* Invite open applications
Considerations for Choosing Training
* What are the state regulations?
* What age group does staff member work with?
* Do they need general information or more advanced content?
* What are their interests?
* Can you determine need through observation and evaluation?
* Do they have a balance of training in the basic areas? Child Development-Working with Families -Professionalism-Health and Safety-Curriculum Planning-Discipline and Management-Diversity?
Tips For Promoting Your Center
* Put a large colorful sign wherever you can. Don't forget on strollers or wagons
* Have something for a parent who takes a tour to take home with them as a reminder of their visit.This may be a bookmark, pencil with your logo or a copy of the most recent newsletter
* Distribute your newsletter to local businesses, visitors, and welcome wagon organizations
* Rent a small mall kiosk where you can show an informational video and distribute pamplets
Strategies for Successful Staff Meetings
* Distribute a proposed agenda beforehand. This allows attendees to be prepared and plan for questions or contributions
* If there is new staff, be sure to devote time for introductions or icebreaker actitivies
* Set aside some time for the sharing of ideas
* Offer an incentive for promptness
* Open up the "Suggestion Box" or "Venting Jar"
* Encourage staff to present/report on trainings or conferences they have attended
* Show a video rather than making a speech on a training topic
* Vary the location of the meeting (different classroom, or maybe after hours at a coffee shop)